View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I rented Uhaul 3 or 4 times over the years to take cars back and forth from Colorado to Vegas. Some were round trip and some were one way. Uhaul is the only place that rents the trailers standalone. All others require you to rent their towing vehicle as well (ie, as part of a moving van package).

It will be cheaper to do a weekly rental and return it to the original place than to do two one-way rentals with a split.

Note: I found the Uhaul open front trailer to be susceptible to "rock throw" from the towing vehicle rear wheels. It's especially nasty in the winter with salt/gravel or rain (your car will get very dirty from spray). I tried to cover the vehicle with the white vehicle wrap (I got the same stuff Shelby used, in fact, they gave me a partial roll). The down side of that material is that it lifted on the trailing edge and flapped in the breeze and I ended up with some wear in the clear coat (a detailer was able to work it out). Bottom line is that if you are expecting any weather I'd look for another arrangement. Noone rents an open single vehicle trailer with a rock guard (or toolbox on the front which does the same thing).

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 12-29-2018 at 01:08 PM..