View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#375, FE 428, 1966 block, built by Jim Coleman Racing Engines, Stratford, CT
Not Ranked     

Guys: I found this thread very helpful. My next set of tires will be Avons. I never thought to ask about fitment with earlier chasis numbers. In the past (and for far too many years) I ran on BF Goodrich Radial EuroSports which were a real fantastic tire. Two years ago I switched them over to Goodyear Eagle Billboards which are bias, and have the traditional tread design.

The Billboards have very good grip and look great as the white lettering ages to a yellowish patina. However these tires are prone to flinging small pebbles which I can hear hitting the inside wheel wells. They took quite a bit of tape weights to become balanced and are very prone to flat spotting if left sitting for over two weeks. Mine run round and without vibration after a few miles however. I now have the car sitting on FlatStoppers which seem to help this situation greatly.

One thing I did find interesting is that Sasco Racing (who sells Avons on the East Coast) makes a yearly journey up to Lime Rock Park in Connecticut for the antique sports car races and show. Sasco are more than willing to bring up a set of tires which you can pick up at their truck on the infield. So for any of you in the Northeast, that is a pretty interesting option.

Last edited by 66AC; 12-31-2018 at 05:06 AM..