View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM, aftermarket build small block Bow Tie
Not Ranked     

I reinforce what the ohter owners say. Mine is nearly 20 years old. I am the second owner. The first owner build it as a full time bracket racer, and made no attempt to "replicate' the original. But he was very thourough, and hand built a lot of pieces himself.

I have had the car for many years now, and it is a street car. Some effort has been made to replicate a typical 65-66. It has 30k plus miles on it, been in two mild "fender benders" (other cars lost... big time), and still looks very good.

Everything, including paint, is original. Fiberglass is excellent, but shows the "state of the art" 20 years ago.

Never, even after the accidents, has ANY adjustment been made to any door, trunk, or hood for fit. In uniformity, I would rate their fit to be as good as a normal, new car.

In my few dealings with the company ("Bruce Everrette?"), they have been very cordial, and have delivered slightly modified items without delay, and have been always truthful, and open to my ideas. Never a rush from them, never a price surprise from them.

My car is all original (even the engine, which in itself has nothing to do with EM, but is part of the car's remarkable reputation), and I would get another without hesitation.

That being said, I think ERA and some others have a well deserved reputation for detail and accuracy, but for a solid kit, close to the factory, and something you want your kids to remember in a positive way... EM is a no brainer!

Best of luck,, Please keep me posted on how it is doing.

If you like kids and Cobras go here www.cobra65.org, and look thru the "wildbunch" area, and the "driver's ed" and "prom" sections. Share them with your kids, and if ever in Baton Rouge, call!

I think you are doing a good thing. Go for it!

Last edited by Art Colley; 06-04-2002 at 09:51 PM..