Old 01-04-2019, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
“...make front and rear bumpers, (needed for NY registration)...”

This is a fun build to watch. Any hints on bumper construction? I was thinking maybe a thin chrome strip like an early C3 Corvette, or small corner bumpers like an Pre-L Pantera? What will NY accept?

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for all of the comments.

I'm going to try and make simple bumpers out of 1 inch tubing that will follow the body contour. They will be small and removable. I'm hoping NY will pass them. I wonder how they deal with the FF 818, Coupe, and GTM.

I happily ended up with a lot of family visiting over the holidays. I'm just getting back to the car. I missed getting it to the chassis shop this week. Hopefully next week.

I'm trying to use inexpensive, readily available parts for this build. I'm using headers from Patriot. I also purchased their 48 inch side pipes. They will hook up with an off the shelf 90 degree tube. Tomorrow I'll put the body back on and mount the side pipes.

I've used internal clutch slaves in the past. I hate it when they fail and I have to pull the transmission. For this build I'm using an external "pull" slave. It looks like it's in the way. But, it's not.

I put the frame at ride height to check the shock mounts. (60 percent available for compression.)