View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
I agree about a buyer’s market. There is some uncertainty about what will happen with the economy over the next 2-3yrs and indicators are not good. Some people will be liquidating luxuries they don’t really need and yes will take a “loss” but having liquidity is sometimes more important.
I think that's kind of right, but I also think that there is a huge difference between the "buy it new" crowd and the "buy it used" crowd. There is a two year wait to get your turnkey from ERA, and you will be dropping six figures to do it. KMS is expanding their shop and has no problem finding buyers for an "investment" that is well past the six figure mark. For right now, it's harder to find someone who will spend $60k on one of these cars than it is to find someone who will spend $100k+ on a brand spanking new, made to order car, that is exactly what they want and they will actually wait in a queue to do it. I see that changing though in the next twenty years. But I don't look at my car strictly as an investment, and I wouldn't sell her at twice, or maybe even three times, the fair market value. Anymore than I would sell Ellie, and what's a used dog worth anyway? But that's just me.