View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideoiler427 View Post
The valve covers has a breather that is hosed to a puke tank that drains into the back of the intake manifold, there is no blow-by the motor only has 12000 miles on it. I have not noticed any smoke after a warm start
I asked how old the engine build was as 12,000 in 2-3 years would be really good for the car, but 12,000 miles in 20 years means the car could have been sitting for long periods, which isn't good for the car. Coupled with today's bad gas, and possible poor maintenance standards (you didn't indicate if this car was new, or pre-owned) it's common that these engines need service, even much earlier than 12,000 miles depending on the age of the build and the capabilities of the builder/owner/driver.

If it's been sitting for a while, you can try using various Marvel Mystery Oil treatments and seeing if this improves things. If not, I'd pull the manifold/heads and have the heads inspected and reseal the manifold and heads by a competent and experienced FE mechanic. Seems I have to do this frequently on the Cobras I've purchased - all with very little miles on them.

Most probably wouldn't notice a quart every 600 miles, because a lot these types of cars don't get used that much between oil changes ): Couple that with the fact that every FE leaks oil you don't have that big of an issue (:

Last edited by 66gtk; 01-10-2019 at 01:30 PM..