View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar_carbz View Post
It's been a couple months since I've been over there, but as another poster mentioned above, Finish Line is a one-man operation these days. Every time I go there the story is the same, Taylor is on the phone helping one person while two or more additional lines ring that he can't get to. I feel bad walking in there, that anything other than my rapidly exchanging goods and money is causing somebody else's phone call or email to not get addressed. He even has inventory that he doesn't have on the website, he doesn't have time to add it.

Ed, I know what you're saying about businesses using customers' funds to band-aid cash flow problems, I've seen that before, but I'm not getting that vibe. My opinion isn't worth much, but that's what it is. What's the solution besides calling and calling and calling again? I don't know.
I would think that if is business were really that busy, he would look into hiring another person to answer the phone and take orders. Even a part-time person would cut the work load by a huge amount giving him time to ship orders and add inventory.

Sorry, but being too busy to handle the customers that are making your business supposedly thrive is a pretty bad excuse. I have 2 guys near me that just opened a machine shop. They are there every single day including Saturday's and Sunday's getting parts out the door.