View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Marco,

Your oil pressure is controlled by your oil pressure relief valve, nothing else. Oil pressure is normally high at cold start and as engine temp comes up, the oil pressure goes down. The high oil pressure at cold start and 'normal' oil pressure once warmed up has to do with oil viscosity when cold at first start and oil viscosity once warmed up.

I am on the same page as Jerry. 10W60 is not the right oil viscosity. You should be running something like a 10 or 15W 40 max in the winter and 20W 40 or 50 max in the summer depending on how hot it gets where you live and how hard you work the engine.

If it is a racing application you ought to be using a racing oil in the 40 or 50 weight range. 60 weight oils are usually fount in drag race applications running alcohol with a blower on top. You aren't doing that and you don't need those oil weights.

Your observation,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.BIX View Post
... - the oil pressure at idle did not went below 6 bar (normal was 4,5) and under rpm not under 8 (normal was 6) with oil temprature of 80° Celsius / 180° F
did not make sense to me. If, as you say, the oil pressure at idle did not go below 6 bar how then was it normally 4.5 bar?

Similarily, if it did not go below 8 bar under rpm how then was it normally 6?

Did you mean to say the oil pressure had been normally 4 to 5 bar but now was 6 bar?

Ed

p.s. Your oil coloration is caused by a rich idle and possibly rich intermediate and wide open throttle mixtures. Oil with fuel in it does not lubricate as well as oil w/o fuel in it. You should fix the problem

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 01-25-2019 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Added PostScript