View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft - Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Insurrance Alternatives

I know there are quite a few threads on insurance in here but I wanted to make a new post so I can be up to date on any attractive insurance options. I have a Backdraft built in 2012. I put on 200 miles a year max. Car has only 2000 miles on it now. I'm currently insured through Midwest Classic/American Modern. No complaints with them or my broker. Never had a claim either. Me and my car reside in NJ but vehicle is registered in MT. I pay over $700 a year and feel the use I get doesn't warrant the price. I have a spotless driving record, own a home, car is stored in my garage and I'm at respectable age from an underwriting standpoint. They also won't honor stated value policies either. I'm not comfortable with that because it's the insurance company's decision to tell me what my car is worth. This makes me more nervous given the fact that Cobras represent a very thinly traded market. I think we all know that claims aren't in our best interest for the most part. I approached Grundy, Hagerty, etc. a while back and they originally quoted me almost half the price. When they found out it wasn't an "original" Cobra the price went up. I've also been told that being registered in MT and residing in another state plays a factor. This vehicle is only a pleasure driver. I'm not looking to commute with it but don't want to get denied a claim if I stop to use a bathroom or grab a cheeseburger. Any guidance you folks can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks