View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#375, FE 428, 1966 block, built by Jim Coleman Racing Engines, Stratford, CT
Not Ranked     

In 26 years of owning my Cobra, I have broken down only twice while on the road. In both instances it was the fault of the distributor. First time was my Mallory which somehow blew the electric eye inside. At the time I was running a MSD 6AL box.

Second time was with a new MSD ready to run distributor which simply died while doing about 40 MPH. Two quick backfires and then nothing.

So now I have a second MSD ready to run in my trunk with all the tools necessary to perform a distributor swap whilst on the road. Even a spare coil. Remote starter switch. Spare cap and rotor. A length of white duct tape and marker to scribe the rotor start point.

I know this is sad, but I figure it is like buying a snow blower. Once you get one it does not snow. BTW, MSD did repair the ready to run for free however I did spend about $30 getting it there. They turned it around in a total of 11 days back and forth. Most of that time it was in the hands of UPS.

I do not have any corrosion or rust issues. However I lightly spray the inside of the dissy with Caig DeoxIT. I learned about that product in my amateur radio days. Utterly fantastic. If you are having rust issues in electrical areas this product is worth you time.