Thread: 5.0 EFI on CR1
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default 5.0 EFI on CR1

After a lot of review of induction choices, I have decided to stay with my original choice of the Kenne Bell supercharger system I had acquired some time back with the original plan to install on my 67 Mustang. Decided it was too much for a 8" rear end in the Mustang. So I will want to use it on the CR1. The lower intake manifold has been extrude honed and I have TFS Twisted wedge heads with a stage II porting.

But I already have an issue with the original EFI on the 90 5.0 HO. The motor is sitting tilted left to right. I assume there is a problem with the motor mounts not correctly installed.

I have seen the string on the motor mount issues with the CR2s. I assume my CR1 has the earlier horizontal mount plate.

The CR1 is a early 90 kit. I did measure the mount plates on the frame (as best as I could with the motor in place). They look level. But the left side of the motor is about 2" higher than the right side. This causes a interference issue with the EFI intake and the hood already. The Kenne Bell is about 1" taller and the driving shaft is extending forward of course.

I have found no photos of CR1s with EFI. Anyone else have clearance issues with the 5.0 EFI?

Current EFI motor installed:

A mock up of the Kenne Belle system: