View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker53 View Post
It may fit and look good from the top but what you dont see is how low the oil pan is below the frame rail. Might want to check that.... Been through that.
You're right about the pan being below the frame. I believe that's the case even if you don't alter the motor mounts. But yes, the sump is certainly lower if you lower the engine. I think the superior driveability of EFI is worth it though.

My engine used to have a cast aluminum Cobra T sump pan with drain plug on bottom. I never knocked the drain plug off but certainly scraped it enough to make me nervous. I switched the pan to a Canton road race pan that's a bit shorter and has drain plug on rear of sump. I haven't scraped this one although I'm very careful on tall speed bumps. There are other road race pans out there that are even shorter if this is a big worry.

I also have the suspension set for a very low ride on my CR. I like the look better and it improves the handling. While this makes ground clearance even tighter, it's all just part of the Cobra experience in my book