Old 02-08-2019, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdata View Post
Eschaider,

The MW rep didn't know how to cite the limits of the entire setup. He was unsure mainly because he said it was a Jag rear end.

Joyridin'

Where did you get your parts? Do you mind telling the cost?

I really want to go no holds barred driving to the strip and road course. I don't want in the back of my mind.. oh no, my axles..my diff..etc.. the goal of this car is to equal or surpass the 720. A buddy of mine is drag racing his high school friend this spring with his Cobra.

The housing can be bought new from Ford or sourced out of a salvage yard. New is ~$350 to ~$400 depending on your connections. Salvage yard is ~$125 to ~$150 again YMMV. The axle half shafts can be ordered directly from GForce (recommended because of custom width for our cars) the GForce MSRP is $1,600. The Wavetrac can be had direct from Wavetrac or one of their dealers. I don't remember the exact cost but it is just under $1,000. The MW main caps for the diff are $170 direct from MW.

I didn't mention the rear cover. The one you want is the FRPP HD racing cover. You can get it from Summit for $263, search on this part number at Summit => FMS-M-4033-G3

This package is bullet proof in our cars up through more power than any of us likely would feel comfortable using.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 02-08-2019 at 07:52 PM..