View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdata View Post
... I'm assuming that I might have to make my own cage to put this in the car for an ERA or Unique? Or I should just look at a factory five or a hurricane and be done with it?
Many of the replica manufacturers use a Dans 44 (Jag type rear) some use a Ford 8.8 IRS, Backdraft uses BMW pieces. Some manufacturers have used IRS rear ends from multiple manufacturers over the years (SPF). Pick a car you like and upgrade what you want to upgrade.

It is improbable that you will find a car just like you want it. Buying these cars and owning these cars is not like any other vehicle you have ever known about. They are replicas of a championship winning 1960 race car that blew everybody's doors off. The big difference is that a good replica today is even more capable than the original they are replicating — and importantly the friskier you make them the more race car like they become in their relationship with you.

That said ...

If you mean cage to support the iRS, the answer is yes. If you mean the IRS Knuckle that supports the wheel hubs, you can buy the entire knuckle kit from Ford including the wheel hubs. The part # is M-5970-M. If you intend to use your existing knuckles then you can buy just the wheel hubs to take advantage of the newer, stronger design and adapt them to your existing knuckles. This link will take you to the FRPP page with the wheel hubs (M-1109-A) and also the knuckles (M 5790-M), click here => FRPP IRS Stuff

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 02-09-2019 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar