View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
4 piston calipers for ERA cars are an easy option. Sierra is long gone, but here's a pic of mine to give you an idea. Just ring up Bob P. and ask him what the "big brake" option will cost you. It is not a difficult upgrade.

I also have Sierra brakes on my car, but I also noticed that my wear pattern on my rotors are nothing like yours. What I mean is I do not have the circular pattern that your rotor is showing. Now I'm wondering if there is an issue with my calipers maybe frozen up or stuck. When I first got the car (6 are ago) I rebuilt all the master cylinders and clutch hydraulics. The master cylinders were loaded with sludge and rust. I have flushed out the system at least 4 or 5 times until all fluid was clear, but now I'm thinking that there is something going on inside the calipers. I have since then installed 2 new masters, flushed the lines again (dot 4)and replaced the brake pads (the same ones you suggested in a prior thread. Time to pull apart and see if there is something frozen up. Your thoughts ?