View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Arbor View Post
My FE is leaking I think at the same place. I can't decide whether to live with it or go after it. It's on the drivers side running down the block plate.

Is it difficult task to do, aside from removing trans, clutch, flywheel, block plate, etc. I mean is the plug difficult to seal?
Before you jump to any conclusions, attach something like an old baby's diaper to the back of both heads and along were the intake manifold meets the block and heads. The diapers, or whatever, need to be clean and white. Make them tight up against everything and along all seams, especially the valve covers and the spot were the valve covers, heads, and intakes all meet. Then take it for a nice drive, pull it in the garage, let it sit for an hour, and then inspect the diapers. That's the first step on any FE oil leak diagnosis. That's the one sad thing about seeing your kids grow up, you don't have a supply of clean cloth diapers to use on your car.