View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
There is no way for the QuickJack to come down without weight on it so it makes it tricky getting the rails out of the way.
If anyone has a better way please chime in!

A bit of a pain in a$$ compared to the Quick Lift I had but I can store the rails out of the way.
You must not have the correct air pressure set because they will go down without weight on them, that is the purpose of pressurizing the tubes.

If I have to do extensive work underneath, I also use it as a jack and then use jack stands.

From the Quickjack site "The small air cylinders welded to the sides of the main hydraulic cylinders act like air springs. Because the static weight of the lifting frames is minimal, the air cylinders assist lowering the frames after the vehicle's tires touch the floor, or if the lift was ever raised with no load."
and
"Inflate each air bottle cylinder between 40-50 psi. Be sure to pull the connector off quickly to minimize air loss and don’t forget to replace the dust caps as they help to retain air. The cylinders will require periodic recharging."

Mine does go down easily without weight.