View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I can’t figure out why some of us get so offended by being asked “the question”. We built our cars to mimick the original so why get pissy when someone asks if it is, in fact, an original. Seems to me that’s a compliment. Tells me my car is practically indistinguishable from an original to the uneducated spectator. Sure beats having a guy check out your car and then say “kit car” and move on.
Here we’ve got people obviously interested in knowing about our cars and we shine them on or give them some BS answer.
If you’re going to show your car, you better be prepared to answer “the question” as long as you are standing next to it. If you don’t want to be bothered answering them, have a sign printed up that says “This is NOT an original 60’s Cobra. It is a custom built recreation of a past legend.” Or, better yet, stay home and let those of us who do enjoy informing the curious how our cars came about.
Last thing I want is some dad with his kid walking away saying “what a prick” just because he was the fiftieth guy who asked me if “it’s a real cobra” and I gave him a smart-assed answer.
But, that’s just me.