View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Then there’s times like this…

We were making a right turn out of a motorsport shop parking lot. A guy was coming the other direction on a red/white road going type superbike (Yamaha I believe). The second he saw the Cobra he cut hard across lanes and sped up, an evasive looking move, straight at us. I had to stop half way into my lane so as not to hit him, as he curved around to a hard stop at my door.

Big, bruising biker dude now looking down at me, peeling his helmet back like a hockey player. A spitting image of Darrell Sheets of Storage Wars (I still think it was him). Was he about to pummel me? Had I cut him off?

We’re still both out in traffic, cars stacking behind him. He slowly looks our car over, front to back, back to front again. He turns with a growing grin and says ‘damn, that’s an ugly car you got there!!!’ Just sitting there shaking his head in admiration. Enough said, no further explanations needed.

I pointed to his bike and said ‘hey…you too!” We both laughed, talked for a few seconds, seemed like a very cool, fun-loving guy, with a captivating character. We admired the machines a few seconds longer, gave assuring nods and went on our ways…a fun little moment in the Cobra.

There’s a man with his priorities straight…the world can always stand still for a few moments for a Cobra!

Brent