View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary / FE
Not Ranked     
Default My Answer

My answer of "Well it's not a mirage" usually gets met with a laugh or two as I say it with a smile on my face. Then I explain that it is just another kit car. Or in other words just a rolling pile of metal, glass, rubber, leather, plastic and some glue. Good for another laugh. That usually leads to many questions about what was done to it and how close is it to the original. Makes great conversation with the show attendees. It's all fun.

fun story
One time I was displaying at a show and was walking through the show when I returned to my car there was a crowd around it. One younger man was explaining to the crowd that my car was an original and he had them captivated with his knowledge. I made my way beside him and asked him many questions about how he could tell how this car was an original. He told a pretty good story!!!! I then told him that I was pretty sure it was a kit. When he asked why I thought so I told him I owned and built the car. The crowd got a good laugh and I placed my hand on the shoulder of the you man. To save him future embarrassment I told him that it happens all the time (which it really doesn't) but hey, he was a nice kid. He then sat down with me and we talked about Cobras and his love for them all afternoon.