View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default 2019 race schedule and updates

Well, it's been a while. It is still bitter cold in upstate NY and plenty of snow on the ground. It has been a busy winter for me. Pulled the engine and took it to Donahue Brothers in CT for a rebuild and to change over to the Webers. It should be ready the end of the month and I will go out for the dyno tune and have some video and numbers from that. We also will be doing some suspension changes, which I will discuss as those progress. I should be getting a new set of race pads from Prosystems shortly. I sent out some old pads and they cut the material off and placed their race pad material on the old plates. They also pre-bed the brake pads before shipping them out.

We also are building a new home this year and are partway through that project. I am doing about 1/4-1/3 of the work and building a home in the middle of the winter in upstate NY is a pleasure that everyone should experience Nothing like puling 300 feet of 200 amp wire through conduit 3 feet deep in a muddy ditch in 30 degree weather.

Due to building the new home and trying to get into it before the end of the summer I will have a shorter race schedule this year than last. I will be starting out at the SVRA Vintage Grand Prix of Mid Ohio from June 20-23, then heading to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and SAAC race July 11-14 (hope to see a lot of you guys there), and finally finishing up at Watkins Glen for the SVRA US Vintage Grand Prix September 5-8.

Going to be a fun year. Mid Oho will be mostly about sorting the car out with the new engine and suspension changes, hoping to have a better feel for the car at Pitt Race and then back to my home track at Watkins Glen. Looking forward to seeing people, gaining advice and having fun.

Jim