Old 03-07-2019, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Jim,

Good for you! Taking on so much of the construction chores is highly rewarding. I've done the same thing a couple times and have picked up numerous skills in the process. Good luck completing it by Summers end...

Ok. Regarding the "ear plugs" I have a suggestion. I have a couple race cars and they both run open pipes. I was turned onto an audiologist. They have rather inexpensive ear plugs that can be molded and extended deep into the ear cavity. I unfortunately have the "gag" reflex (no funnies here guys) with my inner ear and had to shorten it up to prevent that - under $100! My loud cars runs 110 decibels and I have no issue now. Just a thought...enjoy your racing season and use exceptional judgement!

Tony
Tony,

I will check the audiologist thing out. This is the second home that I built for myself and I have built probably a dozen homes for Habitat for Humanity. Being a little smart and recognizing that I am getting older and therefore paying for the heavy work to be done and focusing on the interior, plumbing, electric, cabinets, flooring and the exterior siding for myself.

While racing brings out a competitive piece of me, I also recognize that it is amateur racing and there are no financial gains for finishing at the head of the pack.

Jim