View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

So... I bought it

I did the quick tests my mechanic friend told me (check each header pipe at the head and look for even temperatures), look for leaks, etc. Only found a couple minor faults-

The speedo bounces about 10mph above 65. I can live with it, unless it's an easy fix.

The right inner CV boot is torn- any advice or tips on where to buy it, how to swap it? I did some quick research and it seems the thing just pries / pops off when you remove the suspension end bit.
Should I just replace the boot, or buy a replacement shaft?

The driver's side valve cover grommet on top weeps a tiny bit of oil. Enough to do an impression of a valve cover gasket leak. Just have to wipe it down occasionally.

The good- it already has the reinforced rear shock tower pieces. I'm not sure if the suspension was upgraded (I don't have a receipt for the towers), but it's a little firm for the street. About how I like it.

Tires will need replacement. It's a shame as the tread is still decent- they're mfrd in 2009, and a bit hard. It spun so easy I bumped rev limit on the 2-3 shift

I will have to drill and tap the infamous sway bar rivet.

I'll get some pics up later. I still have that old car gas smell on me. I missed that

Seller suggested I do the CV boot very soon so it doesn't wear the joint. Older Navy man, very no-nonsense, I liked him