View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:45 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New Member in Orange County, CA

Morning all,

I've just started looking at Cobra replicas. Well, technically I looked at them a long time ago (back when Fiberfab was building them) and ended up with a '53 Corvette replica. It was fun to build right up until it got stolen.

So now I'm in the market again and have seen several and I'm trying to figure out which manufacturers I should be looking at. I'm looking to bet a fully complete car since I've sold my house with the big oversized 3 car garage and don't really have the room to do much work. I've seen lots of Factory Fives, one from what I think is Shelby Cars NW and a couple for which I've not been able to get any response from the sellers as to what kind they are.

I read a thread on Mustangsandmore site and they recommended this group, which makes sense.

Anyway, from what I've read it sounds like Factory Five has been building them for some time and have models ranging from Mk I through IV with the I being the oldest. I received a flyer from FF, a "Buyers Guide" to buying used kits that has some good info. But I was wondering if there is some sort of comparison that set out the pros and cons of each manufacturer. I guess the big thing is to get all the build records, including the motor. But any other tips as to what to look for in older builds that can go wrong or just wear out. One that I'm looking at is a FF Mk I. So it's an older build, 1999 I think.

Thanks for any help
Joe