View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Was the 817 days due to do anything special (such as turnkey car)? Did you delay? I am trying to get a sense of how long it will take to get a car. Where in Colorado are you? Love to see the end product.
You are welcome to come by anytime and take a peek. I am in Fort Collins, retired, so my schedule is flexible. Just send me a private email and we can arrange a time.

Nothing done really very special. The rear suspension is a little bit special, the rear track is about 2 inches wider than normal to push the wheels out to better fill up the wheel wells. It is street car with all four wheels being 7 1/2" wide and carrying 245/50R15 tires. I don't think this added to the schedule though.

The car was "almost" a turnkey. The two biggest tasks left for me to do were the wiring and the interior. There were a few other odds and ends left to do also. I wanted it this way because I wanted to have "some skin in the game". I did not delay the schedule. I think ERA had several cars going through their shop about that time that were turnkey or near turnkey cars.