Old 03-15-2019, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Hoodabest
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
Off the top of my head it’s 10.5:1 and I run it on 93 octane from the local shell,BP etc. Cam is a hydraulic roller and lift is 580-590 and it has ford Motorsport modified lifters. I want more power but this will do for right now. I can’t tell you the amount of people that freak out over how it sounds. Its really loud and has some serious thump to it. In all reality it’s way more than you would ever need in a street car but then again what’s practical about a cobra. It will cruise at 2000rpm but it really needs to be at 2200-2400 to get up on the cam and smooth out. I highly recommend Brent he will not steer you wrong
Thanks. Now I can get my pistons ordered. I totally get what you're saying about rpm range and street manners. I built my shovelhead motor 20 years ago with a hot crane cam (266/266@.050" and 102 c/l) I still drive it often, and it's a handful to try to creep through traffic, but as long as their's some load, it's smooth. I'm gonna jump to my stroker windsor thread to expand on this a bit. Can't wait to see videos of this running!!!