View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Basically if it’s on the road no...

A real one was built in England and powered In LA...and worth from at least most of, or multiples of millions of dollars. Our replicas are probably in all but collectibility terms, better all around drivers cars than any original, but none are “real”.

If you cloned any historical human down to the last detail from DNA they would in effect be that person, but not the real one as they could never again repeat what they were famous for in the first place...the finest replica was never tossed around by Ken Miles, Bob Bonduront, Alan Gurney, Dave McDonnald or the like...

In my mind they are all cobras, a few actually are “Shelbys” but replicas all, from the most ridiculous VW powered kit to the most primo aluminum billet kirkham (the top of the heap from what I’ve seen)...

We’ve all heard the loudmouth disrespecting the car as “just some fiberglass kit” which I never reply to, just wait for the dude to leave in his bad-ass civic...

But what the hell if it gives you a tingle in your dingles that’s all that matters in the end. I am sure by lowly SPF makes me happier than some zillionaire’s five originals languishing in a warehouse somewhere...