View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

So far the DMV is building credibility. I had a successful appointment yesterday after completing the Brake and Light inspection Monday morning. The B&L inspection guy told me mine was the first Cobra he remembered that passed inspection on the first try. I needed 4-way flashers, a back-up light, and of course working headlights (including high-beams), tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals.

I was greeted at the DMV counter by an "oh no, not one of THOSE" looks and sighs when I told her I was there to continue my SPCNS registration. It took her a few minutes to find her "book" and look up the process. She then reexamined all my paper work and was relatively relieved to see it was all in order. I was MUCH more charming and witty than I was last time, which seemed to definitely help the situation (highly recommended to have a positive attitude, regardless how frustrating and confusing the process might be). Once she was up to speed on the process she asked me to have a seat while she called Sacramento for a sequence number. A little over an hour later she got the requested information, filled out my TOP and gave me my sequence number.

My SB100 sequence number is 59, so the SB100 registration rate is WAY down over the early 2000s when numbers ran out in early January.

I have a 60 day temporary operating permit (TOP), which makes me legal for my CHP inspection appointment Tuesday and the BAR referee appointment that I still need to make.