View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

L79V,

Call me jaded, if you will. I have seen several threads kind of start this way with relatively new members wanting to trash some builder. Usually with a very biased position and leaving out all the questionable things they did themselves. The internet is unfair that way. On the other hand, I have no problems trashing snake oil salesmen that absolutely deserves it. They should be drummed out of business. I just don't like to see this site get used unfairly to do harm to good builders. That was my concern. Nothing personal toward you. Thank you for responding and clarifying in a civil manor. I'm sure I had to irritate you. I wanted to see your response. You seem genuine.

That said, to your credit, you have not attempted to name the builder. I have no reason to doubt you, nor take your word as the gospel either for that matter. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, it really does sound like you are dealing with someone who may not know what they are doing.

I'm no expert on FE rocker rails. I would think the rocker would have to move a fairly long ways to hit the valve so poorly as to make noise. I would still want to get all this set up properly.

As others have said, if you are dealing with someone who is not willing to make this right, or worse, doesn't have the talent to make it right, you can save yourself a lot of headaches and cut your losses now. Brent Lykins is in Kentucky near you. I think Lance at Kraft racing is a bit further, but I could be wrong. Barry I believe is in Michigan. These 3 guys all know one another, and are pretty good guys. They have supported this site and helped folks on this site for years. They have earned the right to get business from this site.

I wish you well getting your engine sorted out.