Old 04-09-2019, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vander Wal View Post
An option.

Now, I'm old and don't like the LED headlights, either the look or the color although there are now many newer options.

I've run an older version of these and this is what I'll use in my current build. Excellent light and they look "right". Wire with a relay and good power for best performance.

https://www.rallylights.com/hella-su...t-hl39519.html Susquehanna is a great supplier.

Choose a H4 bulb that meets your needs, there are many varieties in color and output.

Jim
I drive with my headlights on all the time for better visibility but know that the 6014 sealed beams in the car now are close to pathetic. I do drive at night in the heat of the summer, so have always wanted to upgrade and this thread got me off my butt to do so. I wanted to go LED but, didn't want the high color temperature once I looked at what's available. I spoke with Susquehanna and, unfortunately, they can't get the Hella Super 7's for 3 months so I had to order them elsewhere. I also learned that it would be a mistake to put LED bulbs in these lights because the reflectors are designed for halogen/xenon bulbs and the pattern would be screwed up with LEDs. The lights come with "standard" Hella H4 bulbs but Susquehanna recommended the Hella xenon plus 50% bulbs. Not sure what the real difference would be but I may order a set after installing the lights and keep the standard bulbs as spares. I'll have to compare the specs to decide if it's really worth it. I expect these lights will be much brighter and better pattern as shipped with the standard bulbs.

Kevin