View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 393 427SC
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks David Kirkham for KMP 393 upgrades and improvements

For anyone considering a Kirkham Cobra or having theirs upgraded don’t hesitate. Here is my experience dealing with a great business man and perfectionist. I bought 393 from John Simpson in Idaho in September and
drove it to Utah. After driving 600 miles on mountain roads and highways I took it to Provo for some
changes and additions. David Kirkham’s work and assistance was absolutely superb.
Not only did he do all my changes but while he had it all apart he improved many areas that
were not on my list and at no charge.
My List: Re Brush, glove box, 40 gal fuel tank, move clutch and brake pedals back, replace
fuel lines, raise ride height, new hood, trunk and door weather stripping, install heater and
defroster, remove Lucas switches and install Kirkham’s, new K & N filter, new carburetor,
Move batteries to trunk, powder coat rear bulkhead and wheel wells black, install bypassing
fuel regulator and lines, change oil lines, install billet bumpers, install rectangular rear view
mirror, fix horns, new Mickey Thompson tires, add thermostatic Auto switch for radiator
fan, power point in glove box, turned 2 front warped rotors, replace left front wheel bearing. Add 10in of muffler to side pipes which calmed its bark.
The titivation not charged for and I’m sure I have missed most upgrades. Re install wiring,
carpet added to inside of doors, fire bottle moved to trunk, seat tracks removed and seats
lower and further back. Many dents in body that I did not notice were removed and much of
these changes were done by David himself at night. He never seemed to stop working. He sent lots of photos as his work progressed and lots of texts.
Thanks David!!! It’s not only beautiful but goes like a raped ape. Jerry