View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

I acquired KMP268 in early 2016 after it had been inactive for at least a decade. I called David and we discussed bringing it to Provo for a re-brush and some ding repair. Trailered it up there and left it for 3 months. What I got back was a new 2016 50th Anniversary car Rebrushed, added polished stripes, latest billet suspension, ss half shafts, new CV joints, new Kirkham differental, ss hubs, new locking spinners, new driver footbox, new pedal mechanisms, new firewall, new wire harness, new dash, new digital Kirkham/Speedhut instruments. Conversion from obsolete EFI to Holley 4150 w/ air gap manifold and turkey pan, new Teflon fuel lines, fuel sender for digital gas gauge, ss side pipes, new Tremec 5 spd w/ forward mount shifter. New wool carpet, removed superfluous passenger roll bar and welded up holes. The price for all this was far less than you would think, and true to form, a bunch of things were not even invoiced.

I will just say if you have a Kirkham that has seen some heavy use, has a lot of patina, and maybe needs a light restoration ... don't hold back Dealing with David and the Kirkham team will restore a lot more than just your car

Sam
Exes: ERA #745, CAVGT #180, Kirkham KMP0268, SPF GT40P2306, '05 Ford GT #1605, Exact 008, Kirkham KMP0928