Old 04-15-2019, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
I’ve been on the track several times and in 3rd gear I hit a wall around 5k
Motor was dyno’d At 500hp @6k...I added a electric pump behind the mech and it pulls strong to 5400... so I’m wondering if the scoop is causing a vacuum effect?? I’m going to try running with out the air filter and closing the scoop and see if the corrects the problem. I have had the car up to 125mph but taking it up there slower
Jon
Was it dyno'd with the same configuration that's installed in the car, including the same air filter, fuel pump and exhaust system? It's unlikely it was dyno'd w/o mufflers or other restriction, and entirely possible it was dyno'd w/o the air cleaner - meaning your problem may have absolutely nothing to do with the scoop.

Regardless, if you're trying to isolate a problem you'll be working at cross-purposes if you change more than one thing at a time. I wouldn't want to run an open scoop without an air filter, so I'd start by leaving the air filter on and blocking off the scoop. If that makes a difference, then great. If not, the next try is with the air cleaner removed.

Good luck in tracking it down!