View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
That’s so you can use a -8 AN hose to run cooled oil back on the Pinion Bearing....like I said .....that is a return line to the rear end from the cooler.....

Vent lines are -6 AN and use 1/4” NPT.......on the transmission and rear end....
Morris,

I agree with you about it being the return line for the differential cooler, that is the way I have my car plumbed. I also changed out the differential cover on my car very early on when the Kirkhams mistakingly putting jeep covers with the higher oil capacity that were leaking everywhere to a proper Jaguar cover.
Because of the lack of an oil deflector on the billet aluminum cover that Kirkham supplied with this differential it seems to be the most feasible spot for a differential breather in this circumstance.

When I picked up the differential from the rebuilders they had reinstalled all of the differential mounts except the pinion support mount, they felt that someone had compromised the mounting breaker holes and that they might pull through, why would someone have done this on a purpose built part?
Attached Images

Last edited by CompClassics; 04-18-2019 at 05:31 PM..