View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

The flatter the torque curve (the closer the torque is to a flat line) over say 2500 to 5500 rpm, the more predictable and therefore the easier the car is to handle. If all you're interested in is drag racing (idle or full throttle), this isn't important. If you are driving around twisty roads and are not a trained race driver, then the flat torque is very important. Possibly life saving important.

That said stay away from centrifugal blowers. They make almost no pressure at low rpm.

I think if I was in your shoes, I would sell the engine if you can get anywhere near what you said. Those heads make more power than the stock factory heads, but not much more. The E303 cam sounds good and that is about all it does. The only thing I would use out of that engine is the Block, and lifters.

Go 347 stroker. Spring for a boss block or aftermarket if you can afford it. Better oiling and stronger. For a couple hundred more you can go to a 4.125" bore and get some more CID and un-shroud the valves. Put good heads on it. The heads make the engine. Don't screw up a perfectly good engine with a junk intake. Match the cam up to everything else.

Talk with Brent Lykins or Craft Racing, whichever you are closer to.