View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerjimv8 View Post
Wondering if anyone has a reliable way to tell which Lucas windtone horns are the correct 69087 and 69090 part numbers? Most of the cellophane tags with the numbers attached are long gone. Have not been able to find a number in the metal castings.
I have no idea what chassis CSX2001 through CSX2200 were fitted with but CSX2201 through CSX2589 chassis were fitted with:

Horn, Low Note
Lucas model W.T. 618, part 69087A, 12V (Note: As supplied by Lucas a small plastic sticker was affixed inside the horn mouth denoting that it was a 12V powered device.)

Horn, High Note
Lucas model W.T. 618, part 69090A, 12V (Note: As supplied by Lucas a small plastic sticker was affixed inside the horn mouth denoting that it was a 12V powered device.)

Each of these assemblies had an assembly identification sticker affixed to the internals of the assemblies only visible by removing the covers.

Each horn assembly had two wires attached made to Ford U.S.A. specifications (most of the wiring in CSX2201 and later cars was supplied through the Ford supply chain). Per chassis:

Two each, one for each horn, horn power wires with male Lucas wiring compatible plug on one end and male Ford plug with same W&G maker’s marks as other Cobra-Ford pieces on the other, connects Ford wiring to Lucas connections inside horn assemblies. (Cobra only)

Two each, one for each horn, horn ground wires with male Lucas compatible plug on one end and female Ford ¼ inch ring terminal on the other, connects Lucas connections inside horn assemblies to the car chassis via one of the horn fixing bolts. (Cobra only)

Last edited by Dan Case; 04-25-2019 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: add detail