View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I"ve talked to an inspector at NY DMV. I'm trying to get them to pass my car with out external bumpers. He told me that they are required. But, I found on the FF forum that a builder of a GTM was able to get them to pass his car without external bumpers. He had to build some extra frame work under the body work. My car certainly has a stout frame under the body work. I've copied the pictures of the work done on the GTM and the name of the inspector that passed it. I'll submit these with my application and hopefully I'll get passed too.

I've finished assembling the suspension and steering. I designed the car to have a 5inch ride height with 60% of shock travel available at that height. I'm happy to say that I accomplished that. The car is sitting a little high in the pictures. Final adjustment will be done once final assembly is complete and I'm in the car.

I set the tub on the chassis to double check tire clearance. All good there. I'm also playing with tail lights. I have a full set of Lucas Winged surface mounted lights. These would meet NY's requirement for marker lights.

I have wiring, plumbing, and some engine assembly to complete. I'm hoping to have a drive able car by the end of next week.