View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post

TIC TOC, So when is the differential in your Superformance Mk2 or Superformance built Shelby American Continuation Cobra going to expire due to lack of lubrication from an incorrect differential breather installation? TIC TOC

I can categorically confirm that the damage to my clients differential was caused by lack of lubrication within the differential due to the incorrect installation of the differential breather system that was installed by the vehicles manufacturer prior to the delivery of the vehicle to my shop. I approached the manufacturer regarding this issue and the manufacturer denied any responsibility on their part, BUYER BEWARE!
I understand and appreciate the issue you had HOWEVER the standard differential in an SPF MK II (roadster or FIA) is a ZF and has none of the issues you encountered. The aluminum "Shelby" diff is an option or you can delete the diff and use a Jaguar Salisbury with adapter mounts that are supplied.

When you say "manufacturer" are you referring to the differential manufacturer or Hi Tech who assembled the chassis and installed the diff? There is a difference in who would be responsible in such a case. I think when you indicate "manufacturer" you are really talking about the "distributor" who denied your claim.

The work and feedback you have provided here is of great value to those who have the alloy differential I would like to thank you for sharing your findings and resolution.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/