Old 05-04-2019, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2019 (sold) - First Factory Dragonsnake, Ford GT
Not Ranked     

Shelby Cobras at the upcoming Mecum Indy 2019 Auction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRia...VB_tVhHisFdtp4

Thirteen years ago, my Cobra Dragonsnake sold at the Mecum Spring Classic auction for a million and a half. One of the four Cobras at this year's Mecum Indy 2019 (the yellow car) is an authentic Dragonsnake. The red 289 is not but is significant in its own right, one where Ned Scudder, the SAAC Cobra Registrar, and I expressed conflicting opinions on the Cobra Forum some years ago (on this thread).

Ned knows more about Shelby Cobras than anyone on the planet. Our disagreement about what makes a Dragonsnake a Dragonsnake wasn't personal. As Ned put it: "Just two people who are passionate about the legacy of these cars and want their histories to be recorded truthfully and appropriately." I'm thankful to see that the red CSX2416 car is no longer claimed to be a Dragonsnake.

It is, however, the only street Cobra ever sold with Webers. Wouldn't surprise me if it approached the million and a half dollar mark. The yellow Dragonsnake might actually surpass it. If I had Jay Leno's deep pockets, I'd snap up both. It would make one hell of an investment.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hal Heindel; 05-07-2019 at 05:58 AM..