View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
The only fuse that blows is Fuse 3. I'm going to disconnect the tach. I don't know if I can get to the wiper switch or heater. I will check charging voltage assuming I can get things to run in Bob's configuration.

The system charged normally for about 60 seconds with Bob’s configuration. It doesn’t seem that charging happens with fuse 3 blown.
With Bob's new configuration, you do not need a fuse in holder #3. You only need that fuse to charge with the previous "indicator light" configuration. The fact that the circuit on fuse #3 was in the process of faulting out can give you confusing results, so you should dismiss that until you've tested further.

Remember that Green wire also runs to the wiper motor over on the passenger side foot box. That plug is really easy to pull, so go ahead and pull it when you're ready to trace for the fault on the two branches of Fuse #3. But I would first test Bob's new configuration, all the while leaving Fuse #3 completely out. The only way Bob's configuration won't work is if there is a bad VR, a bad alternator, or a bad connection between the two. I think it will charge fine. In fact, I think I'm in a position as to guess what happened to cause all this mess, but I'm going to hold that card close to the vest for now just in case I'm wrong.