Thread: Map-able ECU
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Sandpitcobra,

Since it is a mass flow system, you may want to try the quarter horse route and tune it yourself. I think I have about $800 by the time I got the ability to flash a permanent chip and a wide band O2. But do you have the time to learn the skills and the aptitude to do it?

I really liked the ProM Racing system. I almost pulled the trigger, but it really ticked me off that I would have to buy a new wire harness to change, when I already have a new wire harness now. It would be possible to make an adapter to use the old harness, but no one sells one. The $2000 extra was tough to swallow. So I picked up a spare ECU and went the Quarter Horse route.

Locally I couldn't find many dyno tuners that wanted to work with the older stuff, and the ones who would, had a policy of drop the car off to them and pick it up when they are done. I was not going to hand the keys of my Cobra to a stranger for a week, while they drive it to resolve any drive-ability or cold start issues. It ain't the strongest bad ass Cobra in the world, but it certainly has the ability to kill someone not ready for it.