Thread: new CSX build
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Please let me say this about all of the Kirkham things you've mentioned. You've noticed that they want a pretty good price for their parts. I don't want to be negative, just practical. The world, and especially Shelby American, was building Cobras long before Kirkham started making billet parts and everything you mention is available, even more closer to original, at 1/2 the price or less. I'll agree 100% that they are awesome to look at. But... I admit I caught the disease. I spent a boatload on their radiator overflow tank. It's simply a work of art. But you know what? Even as one of the more visible things Kirkham you can add, I didn't get a nickel more for my car than if I'd just used a tank from Jegs. Please, if you get a smile when looking at things like engine mounts, then by all means, but realize you're doing it for yourself and it won't add value or robustness to your car in the future. It's like all bling things - do it if it pleases you but there are cheaper alternatives and you can use the extra money to put into things that will matter, e.g., reworking the dash for the glove box and heater.

Just my 2c.