Thread: new CSX build
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Having built a few of the CSX4XXX and CSX7XXX Continuation Cobras I can tell you first hand that the Superformance derived rollers are different animals than the "rollers" that were provided by SAI while Shelby American Inc was building and supplying them. Having RECENTLY built a CSX61XX "roller" supplied by Hillbank, I am hoping that the Denbeste supplied "rollers" have had someone that knows what they are doing do the pre-delivery preparation to "roller" status better than what I received for my client. Here are a few things to be aware of that we had issues with:

1) the venting system on the differential and where the vent is attached to on the differential itself

2) axle shaft mounting hardware, do not accept that grade 8 hardware is sufficient

3) the Superformance headers / side pipes are garbage, talk to Redfin about their options (get a credit). Unfortunately I was not aware of this problem until it was to late

4) binding in the steering

5) wire harness chafing issues, blowing fuses

6) just because a component was installed by the factory DO NOT assume that it was done correctly, double or triple check every facet of the build. I can not emphasize this enough!

If you would like any assistance message me and I will be happy to assist you. I have no affiliation with any CSX dealer or distributor. I am a factory trained Porsche Master Technician as well as a trained AP. I restore original Cobras as well as perform repairs to original and replica Cobras as well as most other classic vehicles. Our shop also reproduces parts for classic vehicles, with an emphasis on 289 Cobras. RACEWHERE

Last edited by CompClassics; 06-08-2019 at 10:31 PM..