View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HiTech, Shelby Daytona Coupe, Roush 427SR
Send a message via AIM to ItalGerBrit Send a message via MSN to ItalGerBrit Send a message via Yahoo to ItalGerBrit
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rod View Post
Depends on what county you live in.
Rockbit and myself had to get a sign off on the 68 form. Basically, a LEO looks at the vin marking/stamping on your chassis and will verify it against the MSO.
This is just mainly done to make sure you`re not stealing a vin from another vehicle and placing it on your assembled vehicle.

All the guys that live in collin county didn`t have to go through this. Being Rockbit and I live in Dallas county, it`s obviously a county requirement.

Being you live out in the sticks () you`ll have to swing by your DOT office and see what they require.
I registered my Daytona Coupe in Louisiana and the process is very similar to what you guys must do in Texas. Texas and Louisiana must have copied the same procedure. No ASE inspection but State Police officer inspected it both before and after I etched on the state assigned VIN in their designated locations. Receipts for the trans and engine purchase were not enough for the State. Superformance provided adequate paperwork to satisfy them on the roller but had to get certified statements from both Roush and Tremec along with all the other paperwork before the state would accept it. Three trips to the main taxation office in Baton Rouge to finally satisfy them. They want to see all receipts and you must follow the instructions perfectly. Just do what they say to do no matter how silly the request. It could be that the counties in Texas handle your registration and that might make it easier for you. That makes sense in another way. Some of your counties are as large as the whole state of Louisiana.