Old 06-16-2019, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbos View Post
Hi,
I am looking for 3D model or at least the blueprints for FFR Cobra preferably 289 but I would be happy with 427 also. I have found several 3D models but I don't know the design they are taken from so I am not sure how they would fit with FFR chassis.
I would like to use the 3D model to make the section body buck for FFR Cobra and I am hoping to get it as precise as possible so there is minimum need for body corrections required later on.
Thank you
Martin
Martin: here's a link to my thread on a different forum for building a station buck for a Lambo Miura. You can use a similar approach for a Cobra body and in fact it should be easier because it's a simpler shape. If you have pictures for the bare FFR chassis that can be scaled to full size, I bet you could have the body modeled around them.

Modern-day Miura: seeking buck making information - Page 3 - All MetalShaping

I had a guy create a 3D model from measurements and pics (I'm building a 105% car), he also sliced the model for buck stations, laid the buck stations out on 4' by 8' surfaces and then provided me the CNC cut files for having all the pieces cut out. The guy who did the 3D modeling is very good, does this for a living, and is very reasonably priced. His contact info should be in that thread.

Here's a related build thread for the car. It might give you more context for my thought processes for the station buck.

Modern-day Miura - All MetalShaping

I can also answer questions if you have them. Building a station buck and metal shaping a car body is a big project but i'm finding it very interesting.