View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
I am scratch building. Chassis body everything. The best advice I can give is get the body. There will be nothing like having the body there to refer to for detail. No matter how much detail your buck has it will need more. A guy with years of experience doing this type work will be able to get by with less detail. Your body building will be a long prosses and you could be driving your Kit car while you build your aluminum body. I take it your haven't done this type work before. PS other have gone this route to make an aluminum body. They will often use a 3 inch hole saw all over the body to check the fit of the panels they make and also so they can clamp the panel on.
OK I will think about it and probably buy the body. Is there some easier and quicker way of making the "buck" with the FFR body? For example is there something I could use to fill up the body with for exaple plaster or something like that (some material which would make the hard surface I could shape the aluminum panels on)?
Yes you are right I don't have experience with making the car body so I would like to make the work easier a little bit.