Old 06-17-2019, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
Impressive accomplishment.

The inspectors didn't require you to install flaps behind the rear wheels to prevent the kickback of road debris?

Would be interested in seeing a shot showing the human scale size of the car; does your head project above the windshield, do your shoulders go over the 'doors'?
Thank you.

I've anticipated that the inspectors might say something about the exposed rear tires. In addition I know that any paint job is going to get plastered with debris. I considered changing the Cheetah inspired body lines there to cover the tires at full width. But, I like the look. I'm making some "mud flaps" from clear Polycarbonate that will be easily installed. I'm taking them to the inspection for "just in case". I might end up installing them and leaving them on for the paint reason.

I'm 6'2" and built the car so that I sit low in it. Here is a picture of my 6'2" tall son in the car a couple of weeks ago. He's sitting in an aluminum bomber seat with full padding and seat cushion. The seat can be mounted about 1.5 inches lower if needed. It's 42 inches to the top of the windshield.

In a previous post of this page I pasted links to videos of my first drive. The links don't work for me from my phone but they do from my lap top. You can see me in the car, side, coming and going.