View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 03:00 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerb0y View Post

It is properly registered, has a SPCNS # and SB-100..
Since it is properly registered with the SPCHS # under the SB100 laws of your state, I would not recommend attempting to change it. While you see some cars titled and registered as a 1965 this or that, it may be that the original state allowed such titling at the time the car was originally registered and titled. In the late 80's and early 90's, while kit cars were still new to the market, and not as wide spread as they are now, most states had no idea how to classify them. As such, they allowed them to be titled the same as the car they were replicating. That has changed, and most states have specific rules and regulations as to how they can be titled. Beware, that those title companies you find on line that promise to title your car as a "vintage" whatever, may be on a hot list in your state, especially California. Not quite grasping what I am talking about, CLICK HERE. This was back in 2004, and the laws of each state have progressively tightened up since that time. So, leave your cars title and registration alone, and do not think you can reinvent the wheel, so to speak for your cars title and registration. You asked the question, while you many not like the answer, it is what you asked for.

Hope you find this helpful.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS