View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

I hate to resurrect this thread yet again, but I'm about ready for the final step in this process: going to the Ellis County Texas tax office with all supporting documents. I've completed the ASE Safety Inspection and have VTR-852 filled out and signed, along with the ASE Technician's certificate good until June 30, 2024. I have had the car weighed and have weight certificate.

Now, I've studied the Assembled and Rebuilt Vehicle Manual (TxDMV October 2017) front-to-back numerous times and highlighted every section that pertains to "Custom Vehicle" specialty plates for a "new assembled vehicle" so I can help guide the clerk through the process. But the one section that has me concerned are these two bullets in Chapter 4: Replicas, section 4.1 Application for Title and Supporting Documentation:
  • If an assigned number has been obtained, a completed Notice of Assigned or Reassigned Identification Number (Form VTR-68-N) must be attached;
  • If an assigned number is obtained, a copy of the Law Enforcement Identification Number Inspection (Form VTR-68-A);
So what is "if an assigned number has been obtained" mean?! I have an MSO from Hurricane Motorsports that states my VIN as "HM-xxxx" and the VIN plate is riveted to the frame and I am providing photos of the VIN plate. I dont want to have to go for a DPS station inspection as well. If the clerk (and her supervisor) insist on this step, how should I defend it?

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!