View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsed View Post
Also, no bend in the pushrod. I really have no explanation why the pushrod came out of the pocket other than it went bad. Or maybe the steel cup of the rocker pocked went bad.
I would say the push-rod had already shrank (beat down) to make the clearance for it to fall out of the pocket.

I, too, have wonder if the push-rod was incorrectly hardened. On the other hand, once the clearance is too much on a solid roller, it's like putting a demon in your engine with a sledge hammer. Something is going to get the **** beat out of it.

I also agree that the roller lifter has had the **** banged out of it. I wouldn't trust it. I'm not a fan of solid rollers. I hope the cam lobe is good. It's hard to see through a lifter whole. I would NOT spin it with my finger in it, but I would want to. Move it then feel it, in small movements, for two crank rotations. Man that would suck.

With the powdered metal, I would pull it, disassemble it, clean it. After I cleaned it, I would clean it again and again and again. Then make sure everything that goes back in is good. I would inspect the cam real carefully.

Last edited by olddog; 06-22-2019 at 02:49 PM..